DuroMax XP8500EH - 8500 Dual Fuel Portable Generator
The DuroMax XP8500EH dual fuel portable generator offers more flexibility than large home standby units. Equipped with Dual Fuel Technology, this unit can run on both propane and gasoline.
Able to push a reasonable 8,500 watts of maximum power, the underdog can perform brilliantly nonetheless. Although only capable of running at 7,000 watts, the DuroMax XP8500EH sustains heavy loads and can run heavy-duty power tools.
The XP8500EH Dual Fuel portable generator is your wingman when it comes to what’s important to you: charging external batteries, powering high voltage appliances, and making a hot cup of coffee.
Featuring a fully loaded power panel, the DuroMax XP8500EH provides multiple outlets for maximum compatibility. This set of outlets makes this unit extremely convenient for job sites, where various high amperage power tools are used.
Key DuroMax XP8500EH Features:
- Peak Watts: 8,500
- Running Watts: 7,000
- Peak Amps @120V: 70.8
- Running Amps @120V: 58.3
- Peak Amps @240V: 35.4
- Running Amps @240V: 29.2
- Peak Watts: 8,075
- Running Watts: 6,650
- Peak Amps @120V: 67.3
- Running Amps @120V: 55.4
- Peak Amps @240V: 33.6
- Running Amps @240V: 27.7
- Amperage: 58.3A/29.2A (Gasoline), 55.4A/27.7A (Propane)
- Voltage: AC: 120/240V 60 Hz, DC: 12V
- Frequency: 60Hz
- Horsepower: 16HP
- Engine Size: 420cc
- Engine Type: 4-Cycle Air-Cooled Spark-Ignition
- Engine Speed: 3600RPM
- Fuel Type: Dual Fuel (gasoline/propane)
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 7.9 Gallons
- Runtime: (Gasoline) at 50% Load: 10 Hours, (Propane) at 50% Load: 5 Hours
- Start Type: Electric/Recoil
- Volume Level: 72dB
- EPA Certified: Yes
- CARB Certified: Yes
- CSA Certified: No
- Product Dimensions: 30"L x 30" W x 26" H
- Product Weight: 204 Lbs
Performance of the XP8500EH Generator
Packing a 420cc engine, the DuroMax XP8500EH goes the extra mile. The dual fuel portable generator can push out a remarkable 8,500 watts, delivering sustained levels of power. The 8,500-watt portable generator is the perfect option for power outages, camp sites, and construction sites.
Even on heavy loads, the sizeable 420cc cylinders have enough headroom to perform at their most capable levels. Through efficient air digestion, the engine efficiently takes air in and out to remain productive while preventing overloads.
The DuroMax XP8500EH is capable of reaching a blazing 3600RPM speed while the splash-type oil system keeps temperatures stable and prevents the engine from overheating, leading to improved performance.
Dual Fuel Technology
The DuroMax Dual Fuel Technology now allows you to choose between gas and propane to use whichever fuel source you have available, offering flexibility and convenience.
Thanks to idle control and an automatic voltage regulator, the DuroMax XP8500EH provides a reliable home backup option reaching up to 25 hours on low power. Combined with 100% copper windings, the engine features improved heat dissipation leading to better performance and longevity.
The DuroMax XP8500EH is both EPA and CARB approved, meaning it emits less toxic fumes, allowing it to be used in public and outdoor spaces.
The 8,500-watt portable generator also features a spark arrestor noise muffler, reducing noise by bouncing it off the sides of the sides before coming out.
Protected by full metal construction and heavy-duty frames, the DuroMax XP8500EH can be operational for years to come. In addition, solid fill tires provide a grippier and more stabilized method of traversing rough terrain, and will never run flat. The portable generator is also equipped with a foldable handle to ease the weight of the 210lbs unit.
Fully Featured Power Panel
The DuroMax XP8500EH includes different outlets for varied uses. The power panel includes a circuit breaker and a battery switch in case of overloading, and an idle control switch that, once turned on saves fuel and money by automatically lowering engine speeds when not in use.
Additionally, the 8,500-watt portable generator features a fuel switch, allowing you to choose fuel input. The unit features an electric start button and a recoil start in case the battery is drained.
Benefits of Propane as a Fuel Source Option
Although using propane over gasoline yields about 5% less power, it offers a much more convenient fuel source:
- Cold-Proof: Propane can immediately run through the oil funnel and does not need to be warmed up, unlike gasoline, which is perfect for cold conditions.
- Cost Effective: Propane is cheaper and can burn for longer.
- Easy to Handle: Using a propane hose won’t leave any spills on the ground, as opposed to pouring gasoline from one container to another.
- Clean Fuel: Propane burns clean and leaves no residue on the oil funnels and exhaust, unlike gasoline.
- Eco-Friendly: Propane emits half as much carbon monoxide as gasoline.
- Longer Shelf Life: As opposed to gasoline, propane can be stored for up to 30 years without using any expensive stabilizers to avoid it going bad.