Pulsar 12000 Watt Generator - PG12000B Dual Fuel
Power outages are no joke. Not only can they put a stop to your business, but they can also cause all sorts of troubles in your day-to-day life. As such, having a reliable backup power source such as the Pulsar 12000 watt generator PG12000B is essential.
This portable generator comes with a dual fuel feature, where it’s able to run on both liquid propane and gasoline. Moreover, it has extended run-time and output, making it ideal for running large appliances as well as any sort of small electronic device.
Add to this its Switch & Go technology as well as its sturdy design, and you’ll understand why the Pulsar 12000 watt generator is perfect for any dire power outage.
Now, the Pulsar 12000 PG12000B is not only powerful, but it’s also extremely user-friendly and convenient. This is all thanks to its fully-loaded power panel, electric push start button, numerous outlets, and various safety features.
Key Pulsar 12000 Watt Generator Features
- Switch & Go: The Pulsar PG12000B generator can seamlessly switch between propane and gasoline thanks to its Switch & Go technology. That way, you’ll never be left in the dark when you need to transition between fuels.
- 4 Types of Outlets: Having a 120/240V twist-lock outlet, a 120/240V 50 Amp RV Outlet, as well as a 12V DC output and 4 120V outlets, the Pulsar 12000 watt generator allows you to power any major tool and appliance with ease and comfort.
- Powerful 457cc Engine: Thanks to its powerful single-cylinder, 4-stroke OHV engine, this Pulsar generator produces an outstanding 12,000W Peak/ 9,500W Rated while running on gasoline and 10,800W Peak/ 8,550W Rated with liquid propane.
- Durable Design: With a sturdy steel frame and 10-inch never-flat wheels, the Pulsar generator is the definition of durable. Couple this with its convenient drop-down handles, and you’ll always have a breeze with transportation and storage.
- Electric Start: The Pulsar PG12000B dual fuel generator comes with an electric push starter, meaning you don't have to go through the hassle of using the manual recoil starter. Just a click of a button and the generator will turn on.
- EPA and CARB Approved: This Pulsar generator emits significantly low amounts of toxins while running, hereby limiting possible health problems and earning EPA and CARB certifications.
- Peak Watts: 12000 W
- Running Watts: 9500 W
- Peak Amps @120V: 100/50
- Running Amps @120V: 79.2/39.6
- Peak Watts: 10800 W
- Running Watts: 8550 W
- Peak Amps @120V: 90/45 amps
- Running Amps @120V: 71.3/35.6
- Amperage Output: 20, 30, 50
- Voltage: AC: 120/240V 60 Hz, DC: 12V
- Engine Size: 457cc
- Engine Type: OHV 4-stroke
- Horse Power: 15
- Fuel Type: Gasoline, Propane
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 8 Gallons
- (4) 120V Outlets
- (1) 120/240V Twist-lock Outlet
- (1) 120/240V 50 Amp RV Outlet
- Runtime at 50% Load: 12 Hours
- Start Type: Electric Start and Recoil
- Volume Level: 74dB
- EPA Certified: Yes
- CARB Certified: Yes
- Product Dimensions: 28.5"L x 21.8" W x 22.2" H
- Product Weight: 209 Lbs
Ultimate Power and Run Time
This powerful Pulsar 12000 watt model provides an impressive voltage output of 120/240V running on either gasoline or propane. When powered by propane, it has a running wattage of 8550 W with a peak of 10800 W. Even more impressively, it has a running wattage of 9500 W and a peak wattage of 12000 when running on gasoline.
Since the generator has a fuel capacity of 8 gallons, you can have a half-load run time of 12 hours. This is considered one of the longest run times among dual-fuel generators with similar outputs. The Pulsar generator is also greatly efficient, with an estimated gasoline consumption of 0.67 gallons/hour.
Considering how powerful this generator is, it’s pretty amazing that its noise rating only comes up to 74 DBS. This is around the same noise level as a shower, so, honestly, not really that noisy.
Ease and Convenience
The Pulsar has a plethora of features that make it extremely user-friendly.
For instance, not only does it have a simple traditional recoil mechanism, but it also has an electric starter that comes with its own battery.
Moreover, it comes with plenty of different outlets, allowing you to power almost any device or household appliance you may have.
This isn’t even mentioning Pulsar’s Switch & Go. You can easily switch from either fuel source to the other without missing a beat, all while the generator is running.
Moreover, for your ease and convenience, this product comes with its own propane hose, mobility kit, SLA battery, and spark plug wrench.
Even though it weighs 209 lbs, the Pulsar 12,000-watt generator is considered one of the lightest dual-fuel generators in the 10000+ wattage category.
Now, don’t let the 209-pound weight fool you into thinking it’s unportable. Quite the opposite, in fact.
Thanks to its open frame design, the generator stays above ground level, allowing you to move it along any rough terrain. Couple this with its 10” wheels and foldable handle design, and you’ll be able to move this generator whenever you want, even in the most rugged, outdoor environments.
Informative Power Panel
The Pulsar PG12000B 12000-watt generator features a 3-in-1 digital meter which displays voltage, frequency and lifetime hours.
This product also has a built-in fuel gauge, allowing you to easily monitor this device’s status and activity, as well as keep an eye on the fuel levels.
Safety-wise, this generator has an automatic low oil shut-off. Moreover, it features a circuit breaker, aka overload protection, so that you never have to worry about any accidents while using this product.
Splendidly, this Pulsar generator also has a spark arrestor. As such, you can use it in forested areas without fear.
Finally, the pulsar PG12000B portable generator is both EPA and CARB-compliant. Shop our full range of Pulsar generators here.